1400 Country House restored in green architecture
In the first 2000’s Vanni Gori commissioned the preservation and renovation of a 1400 manor house, called by locals the White House for its color.
The house is located on a hill facing Ugolino Golf Club, 8 Km from A1 Firenze Sud, 12 Km from the city of Florence and 21 Km from Greve in Chianti.
The project was developed by Architect Richard Stoppioni and the work was followed by Engineer Franco Marinelli, then INBAR’s Director, National Institute of Bio-architecture. Non-polluting materials were used for the foundations, the roof, the floors and the paintings. Under the floors heating system and solar panels for hot water production. The house was reviewed by German interior design magazines as an example of a careful restoration of a farmhouse in the Chianti.